RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SUBMISSION TO FILUMS’17
Please make sure to go through both the ‘Terms & Conditions’ and the ‘Rules and Regulations’ that follow before participation in FiLUMS 2017. Participants shall be responsible for compliance to the given terms.
All deadlines, ‘Rules and Regulations’, and ‘Terms and Conditions’ should be adhered to at all times during the event.
Terms and Conditions
- Dates for the event, deadlines, details, and rules are subject to change; in the event of are vision an announcement shall be made on the website.
- The FiLUMS host team reserves the right to play films as they find suitable, and also the right to disqualify or not play a film deemed inappropriate; no such decision may be challenged or questioned.
- The event will be covered by radio and television representatives, along with print & electronic media. All participants hereby stand informed of the possibility that some (small insignificant) parts of the submissions and trailers might be used for promotional purposes.
*For this purpose no submission will be extensively made publicly available or aired for its significant parts, as to cause inconvenience to the participants.
Winners shall be identified by entry, and all participant teams and individuals would be identified likewise. An individual or a team can be associated with more than one entry.
All decisions of the panelists, regarding both shortlisting and the final awards, shall be final and may not be challenged or debated upon.
By participating and making a submission, you, as participant, understand these terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.
Rules and Regulations
- A film qualifies as a National Entry, if more than 50% of it’s finance and production originated in Pakistan. All other entries are termed International Entries and will be judged separately from all other entries.
- A National Entry may qualify as a Student Entry if it’s Director and Submitters are of eighteen years or under. All Student Entries will fall under ‘Youth Category’ and will be judged separately from all other entries.
- Films that have not been exhibited on the DVD or any other mass publication, are eligible to be entered in the Festival.
- All films must be presented in their original language, with English subtitles.
- By “original language” it is meant the language in which a film is or will be exhibited in its country of origin.
- All category descriptions must be adhered to.
- The Convening committee of FiLUMS’17 has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations.
ALL ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED ON THE BASIS OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
• Sound Design
• Light, Costume and Set Design